· I value the power of the experience – as a professional I will let the visitor experience guide my decisions, rather than outside politics and pressures. I will seek the experiences of others and seek to share my own experiences.
· I value innovation – as a professional I will seek to surround myself with those who challenge convention, and will work to inspire the public to do the same.
· I value the freedom to make mistakes – as a professional, I will strive to see mistakes as an opportunity to try again.
· I value the unexpected – as a professional, I will try not to let my biases sway me, and will see unexpected results as a sign of questions not yet asked.
· I value the people who walk through our doors – I will never forget that they are the reason I do what I do.
· I value the people who never walk through our doors – there are no strangers, only friends we have not met. I will strive to find ways to meet them.
· I value my own learning – I will strive to be always learning, from every possible source
· I value the experiences of those who came before me and the passion of those who will come after me – I vow to respect past leaders, but keep an eye to the future
· I value people – I will always treat our human resources as the most vital part of the institution
· I value and celebrate differences – personally and professionally, I will always seek out a variety of views on a subject before choosing a path. I will let people speak with their own voice, and will try to tell as many stories as possible.