Technology Applications Teacher Network
Created: Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Registration: Open to All Epsilen Members
Web Address: http://www.epsilen.com/grp/1220137
Technology Applications Teacher Network (TATN)
The Technology Applications Teacher Network is a collaborative project between the twenty Texas Education Service Centers, the Texas Computer Education Association, and the Texas Education Agency and is designed to provide Texas teachers with resources to become aware of the newly revised Technology Applications Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills and to gain strategies for incorporating them into K-12 classrooms.
The purpose of the Technology Applications Teacher Network Group is for teachers to share with other teachers:
* TATN Event lesson and unit plans that teach the Technology Applications TEKS
* TATN Event lesson and unit plans that make connections between Technology Applications TEKS and core curriculum TEKS
* Helpful online resources for teaching and making connections between the Technology Applications TEKS and core curriculum TEKS
* Resources for offering online or virtual Technology Applications courses
* Student or teacher evaluation methods for documenting technology literacy and integration across the curriculum
* Collaboration ideas for working with school librarians
* Opportunities for professional development
* School success stories highlighting the implementation of the Technology Applications TEKS at grades K-8 or in Technology Applications courses at the high school level (19 TAC Chapter 126)
* Useful news articles related to Technology Applications, digital learning, or educational technology
Since 2002, Texas teachers have had access to resources and best practices through the Technology Applications Teacher Network (TATN) which has been supported through NCLB Title II, Part D technical assistance funds. TATN is a collaborative project with TCEA, the twenty Texas Education Service Centers, and TEA.
The TATN Event has been held during TCEA for over ten years. Although NCLB Title II, Part D funding is no longer available, the TATN event is valued by Texas computer educators and TCEA volunteered to host the event this year. The purpose of the full-day pre-conference event is to organize a statewide network of classroom teachers to promote the exchange of model instructional practices for grades K-12 that take advantage of the use of technology for enhancing teaching and learning. Each year, exemplary teachers from across the state share best practices for student projects, lesson plans, assessment rubrics, and classroom management techniques.
During previous years, the Technology Applications (TATN) Website housed the lessons and unit plans shared at the TATN event. Lessons and unit plans from the 2012 event are housed in this TATN Group on Project Share. Materials are available in the Group Drop Boxes according to audience.